This ministry is headed by Dr. Daniel Cason and his wife Gwen Cason who is also the head chef. Dr. Cason is pastor of Abundant Life Christian Tabernacle and also a world renowned concert pianist. He stresses that this outreach is not just a desire to feed natural food to the hungry as the Bible commands but also to draw men to Christ Jesus.
Ministering to body, soul & spirit of those in need and hurting.
- Body- health screenings, free meal, free groceries
- Soul- fellowship with others, live entertainment (singing, drama, dancing, etc.)
- Spirit- praise & worship, the love of God demonstrated and the Gospel of Christ proclaimed
Daniel & Gwen Cason need our help ministring to the body, soul & spirit of those in need and hurting. Consider having a fundraiser at your office, kids sports team, in the neighborhood, wherever.
- School Supplies- pencils, notebooks, crayons, notebooks, paper, etc.
- Toys- used toys; it’s a great time to clean out our toy room or closet
- Toiletry Items- Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Tooth Brush (Travel Sizes)
- Frozen turkey & chicken
- Non-perishable grocery items (including staple items)- canned vegetables & fruit, rice, beans, flour, sugar, oil, canned cream, etc.
- Cooked, prepared food for the day of the event- turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, tea
EVENT: I Cared Enough '15
DATE: November 24, 2015
TIMES: 11:00 am & 6:00 pm
WHERE: Bill Harris Fair Park Arena @ Crossplex
This 15th annual "I Cared Enough" Thanksgiving Event at Bill Harris Arena will provide free groceries, clothes, haircuts, a health screening, worship service and a Thanksgiving meal.
I Cared Enough '11 For Recap of four years ago event.
All donations of canned goods, clothing, toys, school supplies, etc. can be dropped off at Daniel Cason Ministries 538 7th Street North, Birmingham, AL 35203. The center is open every Tuesday or call 205-320-2111. Monetary donations can be sent to Daniel Cason Minstires P.O. Box 39090, Birmingham, AL 35208 or send to Liberty Church 2732 Old Rocky Ridge Road, Birmingham, AL 35216.
VOLUNTEERS: To volunteer, you must
- For ages 13 & up only
- Be at a Tueday meeting at 6:30 pm or Saturday at 1:30 pm at the K.I.D.S Music Center (meetings take place every Tuesday & Saturday before the event)
- Be at the Monday, November 23 meeting at 6:00 pm at Bill Harris Fair Park Arena AND Tuesday, November 24 at 7:30 am at Bill Harris Fair Park Arena.
- All volunteers MUST have a 2015 ICE T-shirt which cost $10.
- All volunteers must have a servants heart and be willing to follow instructions.
Volunteers are needed for 2 shifts from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm OR
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Times may vary depending upon your assignment. An email will be sent to all volunteers with further instructions.
Donated Food as of Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 11:00 am.
Please register all your food items.
Grocery Give-away Needs before the Event
- Frozen Meets (all types) | 1000 needed, 0 donated
- Tons of Canned Foods
- Pasta & Sauce
Hot Food Needed - (full size alluminum steam tray pan)
- Turkey | 59 pans needed, 1 donated
- Ham | 50 pans needed, 5 donated
- Mash Potatoes | 40 pans needed, 0 donated
- Green Beans | 30 pans, 0 pans donated
- Dressing & Gravy | 57 pans needed, 3 donated
- Corn | 30 pans needed, 0 donated
- Sweet Potatoes | 58 needed, 0 donated
- Pumpkin Pie | 94 needed, 1 donated
- Pecan Pie | 95 eeded, 0 donated
- Cakes | 96 needed, 0 donated
- Rolls | 7,000 rolls, 0 donated
- Tea | 300 gallons, 0 donated
2732 Old Rocky Ridge Road
Birmingham, AL 35216