This ministry is headed by Dr. Daniel Cason and his wife Gwen Cason who is also the head chef. Dr. Cason is pastor of Abundant Life Christian Tabernacle and also a world renowned concert pianist. He stresses that this outreach is not just a desire to feed natural food to the hungry as the Bible commands but also to draw men to Christ.
Ministering to body, soul & spirit of those in need and hurting.
- Body- health screenings, free meal, free groceries
- Soul- fellowship with others, live entertainment (singing, drama, dancing, etc.)
- Spirit- praise & worship, the love of God demonstrated and the Gospel of Christ proclaimed
Daniel & Gwen Cason need our help ministring to the body, soul & spirit of those in need and hurting. Consider having a fundraiser at your office, kids sports team, in the neighborhood, wherever.
- School Supplies- pencils, notebooks, crayons, notebooks, paper, etc.
- Toys- used toys; it’s a great time to clean out our toy room or closet
- Frozen turkey & chicken
- Non-perishable grocery items (including staple items)- canned vegetables & fruit, rice, beans, flour, sugar, oil, canned cream, etc.
- Cooked, prepared food for the day of the event- turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, tea
EVENT: I Cared Enough '13
DATE: November 26, 2013
TIMES: 11:00 am & 6:00 pm
WHERE: Bill Harris Fair Park Arena @ Crossplex
IMPORTANT NEWS: To volunteer, you must be at a Monday, November 25 meeting at 6:00 pm at Bill Harris Fair Park Arena OR Tuesday, November 26 at 7:30 am at Bill Harris Fair Park Arena. The cost to volunteer is $8.00 for ICE '13 T-Shirt and a servant spirit.
NOTES: All volunteers MUST have a 2013 ICE T-shirt. All volunteers are to bring $8.00 for a 2013 I Cared Enough T-shirt.
This 13th annual "I Cared Enough" Thanksgiving Event at Bill Harris Arena will provide free groceries, clothes, haircuts, a health screening, worship service and a Thanksgiving meal.
I Cared Enough '11 For Recap of two years ago event.
As of Tuesday, November 25, 2013 1:45 pm
Please register all your food items.
Grocery Give-away Needs before the Event
- Frozen Meets (all types) | 1000 needed
- Tons of Canned Foods
- Pasta & Sauce
Hot Food Needed - (full size alluminum steam tray pan)
- Turkey | 60 pans needed, 10 donated
- Ham | 50 pans needed, 0 donated
- Mash Potatoes | 39 pans needed, 1 donated
- Green Beans | 27 pans, 3 pans donated
- Dressing & Gravy | 60 pans needed, 0 donated
- Corn | 28 pans needed, 2 donated
- Sweet Potatoes | 58 needed, 2 donated
- Pumpkin Pie | 96 needed, 4 donated
- Pecan Pie | 96 eeded, 4 donated
- Cakes | 96 needed, 4 donated
- Rolls | 6,000 rolls, 0 donated
- Tea | 283 gallons, 17 donated
2732 Old Rocky Ridge Road
Birmingham, AL 35216